Team development aims to build resilient and flexible teams in order to rapidly adjust to internal and external business dynamics.
Leadership teams are unique entities with distinct dynamics. Impactful team development takes place within the current business challenges and considers the team’s personal interactions, ability to collaborate, and strengths.
Our solutions and processes are customized to achieve the team’s goals. We create alignment on business outcomes, practice and model conscious leadership, and build trust to create a cohesive culture within the larger organization.
Catalysts for Team Development
As business contexts shift, so do leadership teams and their business outcomes. Having an impartial professional can assist in achieving goals and opening a path to enhance the leadership in important ways.
- Aligning a new leader’s team with shared values, strategic goals and a common leadership framework
- Integrating new team members for accelerated onboarding and team cohesiveness
- Building collaboration and trust among team members
- Integrating teams and organizations through a merger or acquisition process
- Increasing commitment and engagement of the team members
- Adopting innovations, new practices and approaches
- Utilizing an outside expert to act as a sounding board, facilitator, and co-creator to maximize team results
How Team Development Works
No team or organization is exactly the same; each has unique outcomes and intent behind the desire for team development. After assessing and identifying key strengths and challenges in the current environment, we partner with the executive sponsors to co-design outcomes, while providing additional insights and opportunities to achieve results. Solutions commonly include a combination of 1:1 coaching or change consulting with key leaders and facilitated team meetings addressing business and leadership challenges.
What ‘floats my boat’ is when teams take risks to be vulnerable and face their challenges head on. The dramatic shifts I have witnessed have blown me away.
Why team development?
Sheldon Kimber | COO
Recurrent Energy 2011-2014
Debra was a partner to me and my team in this process. She gave us the structure, perspective and facilitated the discussions (and sometimes arguments) between the team. While she was not an expert in our industry, she was able to draw parallels from her own experience along with her coaching and team development expertise.